Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Dear Friends:Keith and Shirley


Today I found an old recipe aunt Shirley gave my mom a at least 12 yrs ago.I got an idea to put it in a frame with a Christmas picture they sent me this past December.I apologize for the blurriness of the pictures its hard to take a picture of a picture!:.)Aunt Shirley had given me a picture of them back in the 1940's before they were even married.I look at these and think what a funny thing time is!She tells me it seems just like yesterday when the black and white picture was taken.Keith and Aunt Shirley came into my life when I wasn't 5 years old yet.Aunt Shirley's brother Bob was our neighbour back in Lacon on South Ida St.When he passed away Keith and Shirley came to clean his stuff out of the house.One day when they were cleaning out the house Shirley stopped by our house to use our telephone.Being a curious 4 year old I was very interested it what she was doing over there in Bob's house.Soooo... I decided to find out.I don't think I left the poor woman alone.Every time they came over there I was ready to help my new found friends(I don't know if i was a help or a burden;.)Keith and Shirley lived on the bad side of Peoria so they decided to move in right next door to us in Bob's old home!I was so thrilled!!!Shirley still tells me what a joy I was to her having a little girl over to keep her and Keith company.(bouncing on the bed,doing her dishes,eating all her goodies:.)We've since moved, but I still keep in touch with my dear neighbours.I still don't think they realize how much they mean to me!They were another set of grandparents to me.I am so thankful to the Lord for putting them into my life.This recipe will make me smile every time I look at it.The Lord is good to put such people in our lives.They gave me many found memories of my childhood.On a cold snowy day after you were done playing outside you could always count on Aunt Shirley to have a nice warm cup of hot chocolate waiting for you.Even though those days are gone of living right next door,I still enjoy their company on my visits with them!Love,Kelsey

3 comments:

  1. I am speechless.... that is the cutest story and I LOVE how you framed the recipe and pic! It is absolutely adorable.... thanks for the great idea! ; )

    ReplyDelete