Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mystery Lamp!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while.
I've had a bad sinus infection again.
I seem to get them a lot and
they tend to get me down sometimes!
But I have gotten some minor projects
done to keep me busy!:)I was really
wanting a new lamp for my room.
I couldn't bring myself to buy one because
I had one that worked perfectly well!
Anyways,I told my sister about my recent want:)
and it just so happened she had a lamp she was
wanting to get rid of because she didn't have
a need for it anymore.It wasn't "exactly"
what I had in mind,but it had a good potential.
You can see the white hobnail looking design it
has and I liked that.It had gold metal ware I wasn't
too found of but a little black paint fixed that right up.
The shade....Oh the shade.....I had this really neat
fabric someone had given to me awhile ago.It reminded
me of the beginning of the show"Mystery"on PBS:).
I loved it and considered many things I could do with it.
It's a really hard fabric to work with so I
couldn't come up with anything my sewing abilities
would allow:)Anyways it worked perfectly for this!
I bought the trim at Jo Ann's (With a 40% off coupon!)
And here's the finished project below!











Like I stated before sometimes my sinus infections
or just being sick in general can get me down.Sometimes,
especially for me,I can see the Lord does it to help my
focus return to Him.So many times I fall away as the day,
and yes sometimes weeks,pass by.He's always there to pick
me back up when I am constantly like a sheep and go astray!What
a merciful,loving and JUST God!Thank you Lord Jesus!
A verse that's been on my heart especially this past week
I heard at one of our recent
Sunday morning sermons I would like to share:
"But I know whom I have believed and am convinced
that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him
until that day!"
II Tim 1:12
Kelsey

2 comments: